Magazine Mock ups

Here are my final designs of my rap music magazine, I followed the codes and conventions of typical music magazines. I further believed that I should follow the colour scheme that is usually associated with rap magazine by using dark colours such as red, grey and black. The use of the colour scheme easily conveys my target audience that I was aiming for, but also to use relevant information and dialogue that contrasts and links with the music genre of rap. These designs were created by using two Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign, in my opinion these are the best programs to create content such as my music magazine screenshots, but also due to the simplicity I can create content that looks professional designed.



Improved designs:

In this image I have followed the feedback that my teacher inputted and commented. For example in my front cover I was instructed by my teacher to move the 'LMM' title slightly up the page and to experiment and use different fonts that associate and goes well with the style of my front cover. In my opinion the colour red can be easily associated with the music genre of rap, furthermore after interviewing different people also agreed with the colour scheme that I used and created. However even though this is my final design I recently changed the font size and location of my Masthead 'LMM' due to the feedback I was given by my interviews with the different people I interviewed.

In this image I have followed the feedback that I my teacher inputted and commented. For example in my contents page I changed the page numbers from 1-4 as it has to be more varied i.e page 1, contents, page 23-24 double page spread so that the numbers are not in order. 

After reading my teacher's comments and feedback I tried experimenting and using different background colours that will make my double page spread look more attractive and professional. Furthermore I introduced and added a smaller image in the bottom right hand corner of the page as this creates more in depth information about Jay-E and also makes the page more interesting to read. Furthermore in my text I used questions that were asked to the rapper and created an answer that suited and accommodated his lifestyle and personality.


Comments

  1. Good Alex, contents looks clear and good use of image - relate sub head to image and have a littlestrap line on where he is and what he is wearing (interest for fashion followers etc). Interesting storyleads too. Change pages from 1-4 as it has to be more varied i.e page 1, contents, page 23-24 dps, not in order ok.
    Cover works well with eyes an dlips tinted, title needs to go up slightly. Try a few variations on this and different fonts as some do not match your style of image, san serif may work better try it out. (see my blog post).
    DPS works well, did you try alternative b.ground colours for effect as your image is monochrome....if not try. Add smaller images too, possibly in colour to add more depth.
    Post your findings and discuss.

    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have acted upon your feedback and discussed my methods in changing my final desgins

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment