New photos for music magazine

The images below are edited in Adobe Photoshop, the use of these photos help show and highlight the new skills and techniques I have learned and implemented them into my new images. Furthermore the graffiti walls were captured in Renshaw Street Liverpool located by Lucca Fashion, to get a bright vibrant image I captured the images at 2:00pm, the season these images were took in winter.




All of the images on the graffiti walls are in my opinion appropriate and associate with the style and genre of my music magazine, even-though I have not used any of these images for my background they have given me inspiration in my creation and construction for my music magazine. I think the art and style of the different walls are creative and eye catching, the walls made me think about using them for the backgrounds of my images.

Due to my music magazine genre being rap I believe that white,black and grey images and photos accommodate the style of rap, but also due to the dull dark tones this helps create the serious and deep vibes that I want to create to the text receiver of my music magazine. 


I decided to pose my model in this position so it would create a sense of mystery and hidden identity towards my readers, I believe that the use of this pose also helps represent the music genre of rap due to highlighting the seriousness and identity that big rap artists follow in real life.
To create these black and white images above I used the tool bar and then selected image, after that I clicked on adjustments then finally clicked on polarize. I scrolled through the different shades that the picture could change to and then found the image I thought was the cleanest and most attractive to use for my rap music magazine. 

The image of my model Sam was captured behind a green-screen however the location of the background I captured on Renshaw Street in Liverpool Town Centre, the exact time I took this photo was at 3:00 pm so that I had natural light shining on the abstract and colourful wall. 

Comments

  1. Hi Alex, well done, some excellent shots here. Good lighting and textures to use as backgrounds.
    • Overlays in Photoshop good experimenting with transparency and opacity. Pop some screen shots up to showing your process.
    • Add some comments on each piece and discuss your methods, location shot, green screen room etc.
    • Models and clothing used ?
    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added some comments on each piece and discussed my methods and location shots such as the green screen room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment